Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake

Starting issue Empty
PostSubject: Starting issue   Starting issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 am

When starting my partners (1993 swb 2.5TD Pajero ) the glow plug relay clicks on then off after about 6 seconds then the engine starts and runs a little lumpy with some blue smoke/grey smoke for a few seconds, with a couple of blips of the throttle, the engine runs fine and ticks over normally. Is this normal ?
I thought it may be a glow plug letting me down on one cylinder, but have tried to fit two sets from local parts suppliers one set was a 11v, these had too little resistance and the relay cut out after a second, took those out, tried NGK 12v same thing happened. Has somebody had this problem and what part number plugs do I need and where do I get them from ? At the moment I still have the original ones in, they are genuine mitsubishi and have 12 v on them. The resistance reading on these are not as stated in the Haynes joke book.

P.S it's the two battery model and I have had to adjust the pump to get the emissions down if this makes any difference to the starting or glow plugs.
Back to top Go down

Starting issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Starting problems-
Jump to: